The Cairngorms National Park is packed full of events all year round. Below we highlight some of the main calender events which happen on an annual basis.
For current events, pick up a copy of the free monthly What’s On guide, widely available in outlets across the National Park.
- Food on Film, Annual Winter Festival
- Valentines Tasting Menu at the Rowan Tree Country Hotel
- UpBattle – Split boarding Championships, Cairngorm Mountain (weather dependent)
- Newtonmore Highland Games
- Ballater Highland Games
- Ballater Victoria Week
- The Grantown Show
- Abernethy Highland Games
- Lonach Gathering, Strathdon
- Grantown on Spey Highland Games
- Thunder in the Glens – Harley Davidson Motorbike Rally, Aviemore and Grantown on Spey, various venues
- Blair Horse Trials, Blair Atholl
- Christmas Parades & Carols on Christmas Eve, Various Venues
- Santa and Reindeer visit on Christmas Eve, Ballater
- Torchlight Parade, Grantown on Spey
- Santa Train, Strathspey Railway – Aviemore
- Macdonalds Christmas Panto, Aviemore
- Aviemore Santa Run for Disability Snowsports
- Hogmanay at the Rowan Tree Country Hotel
- Hogmanay Celebrations throughout the Cairngorms
Check out our Online Magazine
‘What’s happening in the Cairngorms National Park’ is our online magazine, packed with events and things to do!