The Cairngorms National Park is packed full of events all year round. Below we highlight some of the main calender events which happen on an annual basis.
For current events, pick up a copy of the free monthly What’s On guide, widely available in outlets across the National Park.
- Easter (check online calendar for list of village fairs & easter events)
- Run Balmoral, Ballater
- Newtonmore Highland Games
- Ballater Highland Games
- Ballater Victoria Week
- The Grantown Show
- Abernethy Highland Games
- Lonach Gathering, Strathdon
- Grantown on Spey Highland Games
- Thunder in the Glens – Harley Davidson Motorbike Rally, Aviemore and Grantown on Spey, various venues
- Blair Horse Trials and Bruadar Country Fair, Blair Atholl
- Carve Carrbridge – Scottish Chainsaw Carving Championships
- Motor Mania, Grantown on Spey
- Braemar Gathering
- Go Swim Loch Morlich
- Cairngorm Adventure Triathlon, Loch Morlich
- Blairgowrie and East Perthshire Walking Festival
- Christmas Parades & Carols on Christmas Eve, Various Venues
- Santa and Reindeer visit on Christmas Eve, Ballater
- Torchlight Parade, Grantown on Spey
- Santa Train, Strathspey Railway – Aviemore
- Christmas Panto, Braemar
- Macdonalds Christmas Panto, Aviemore
- Aviemore Santa Run for Disability Snowsports
- Hogmanay Celebrations throughout the Cairngorms
Check out our Online Magazine
‘What’s happening in the Cairngorms National Park’ is our online magazine, packed with events and things to do!
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to get notified of the latest deals, news and all the latest information direct to your inbox.