The weather has made a definite change this week and Autumn has arrived. The wild wind is blowing and the leaves are beginning to fall from the trees. The best bit is the colours of Autumn and this week the Cairngorms rainbows!
- Scotland is @500daysofalli ‘s happy place and we certainly agree with views like this one along Meall a’ Bhuachaille.
2. The dark skies and the colours make for a stunning shot here.
3. The rainbow here is fading out but we love the capture through the velvetty antlers of a Cairngorm Reindeer. ♥ Visiting the Cairngorms Reindeer on the hill is a must do. They are really quite friendly too.
4. Somewhere over the Rainbow…..
5. A double rainbow was the reward for @_elmear after a rather long and wet walk! Definitely worth it. The weather can be wild but the landscape always makes up for that in the Cairngorms. There is also nothing better than a roaring fire in the local pub after a wild walk.
6. The colours of the pine trees in the Caledonian forest set the tone for this rainbow.
7. Always a magical place Loch Morlich is blessed here with a pot of gold.
Don’t forget to tag us in your posts #VisitCairngorms. Have a good weekend and get out exploring with your camera.
Check out our competition www.visitcairngorms.com/mycairngormscompetition where you can win a 3 night stay in a Woodland Lodge on Atholl Estates. Simply enter your best Cairngorms photos and videos.