When is this event?
Ever wished you could take your ideas and experiences and shape them into words for sharing with others?
Join award-winning author and experienced performer, Merryn Glover, in this online workshop series that builds confidence and ideas for just that! In a relaxed, fun and highly supportive environment, we will share our work and find the best ways to get your best words into the world.
We will look at:
– how to gather good ideas
– how to decide if it’s a story or a poem or something in between
– what makes a great story, or a great poem, or a great in-betweeny-thing
– how to write it and RE-write it for improvement
– structure, timing, language, tone and other word craft skills
- ways to share your words – in publication and performance
– whether to memorise, improvise or read
– how to practice
– how to gain confidence to perform
– how to develop your body, breath and voice
– how to deal with nerves, memory lapses and scowling audiences
– how to love it!
Bring paper, pen and a playful spirit.
Open to anyone aged 16+