When is this event?
New year. New goals. New challenges. Why not kickstart the year as you mean to go on?
Back for its fifth year running, join the team at Fitnessat58° for our increasingly popular Loch Morlich Running Festival. Set for Saturday 7th January 2023 from 10am, this event is located at the heart of the breathtaking Cairngorm National Park.
An event designed for everyone, participants will make their way through the canopy of Glenmore Forest towards the shores of Loch Morlich beach. Whether in competition or simply for fun, take part with family and friends on our 5K or 10K run. And if running isn’t your cup of tea, why not sign up to walk the beautiful forest track?
Starting at Hayfield, Glenmore, the day will begin with a warm up session led by Fitnessat58° instructor and Team GB athlete, Sam Cairns. Following the forest tracks, you will then be guided by marshals towards Loch Morlich beach where you will be greeted by delicious home bakes and your team of supporters… not to mention one of our handmade wooden medals to keep as a reminder of your success.
Registration fees are:
£25 for 5K
£30 for 10K
Under 16s go free
Please note that refunds are not available.
What to expect on the day
- Registration at 10am
- Warm up and briefing with Sam Cairns of Fitnessat58° from 11.45am
- 5K and 10K start at 12pm
- Chip timing and results sent out on the day of the event
- Awards for the top three male and female participants in both the 5K and 10K
- Handmade wooden medal (made by The Workshop Aberfeldy, an organisation supporting disadvantaged young people with opportunities for employment)
- Delicious home baking from the incredible Makes by Megs
- Photos of the event